Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a little thing that drives me crazy is....

People talking at the library. Who doesn't absolutely despise those people? Forcing myself to post up in Fondren Library and attempting to memorize way too much information is already hard enough for me to do. When I know I need to get a lot of work done (more than I could ever get done at my apartment) I overpack my book bag, grab a snack and an energy drink and head to Fondren. When I get there I have to walk around each floor to scope out a nice quiet spot with a big table to study. Slowly I get settled plugging in my laptop charger, (I learned that this was a necessity after many trips backs to my dorm freshman year.) pulling out my books and grabbing a highlighter. After the necessary 15-20 minutes of facebook surfing and online shopping, I close down my internet browser and crack open my textbook. Just as I start to focus and get into the material I'm reading, I hear the table behind me chatting it up about what happened last night a M-Street Bar. Are you kidding me? Really? There are two floors in Fondren library that are designated as quiet floors and two that are discussion floors. Why are you on the quiet floor if you intend to talk the whole time? This is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't want to be at the library either. I would much rather be chatting it up with my friends about what happened last night, but I can't because I have a test over 6 chapters tomorrow.At first I don't say anything, because one that's awkward and two hopefully someone else around me will say something first, but after 5 minutes of the loudest whispering known to man kind I turn around and give them the death stare hoping they will catch the hint. Of course they go right back to talking the second I turn around. Eventually I have to be the bitch that says be quiet I'm trying to study, it's annoying but necessary. If you want to talk GO HOME, don't share the latest gossip and drama in the quiet zone. Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment