Sunday, February 13, 2011

Texas Weather is bipolar!

In one of my previous posts I wrote about the many snow days that my school was having. It is very unusual to hear someone utter the words "snow day" in Texas, especially 4 days in a row. A mixture of the snow and ice lead to a city wide panic for all of the southerners that had never experienced such an event. Southerners were not the only ones complaining about the unusual weather. Many of my classmates from up north put their two cents in about the situation. A common phrase I heard was, "the reason I chose SMU was because it was in Texas and Texas doesn't get cold weather." Oh but they were so wrong. Unfortunately for my classmates they did not realize Texas weather is extremely bipolar. They saw this first hand this week when temperatures had a 55 degree difference in a less than one week. Weather forecasts show Dallas to be nothing but 70 degrees and sunny. Don't put away your winter clothes now friends, I wouldn't be surprised if we headed back into an Arctic chill in a few weeks. I know it's frustrating, I know it doesn't make sense but all I can say is "sorry, welcome to Texas!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment