Wednesday, March 9, 2011

spray tan=not cute

Ok so I'm quite sure how the Oompa Loompa look caught on, but it needs to end now. Recently I have seen more and more people (guys included) buy into the "sunless tan" idea. Yes I know that it is not ideal to look pale in the winter, but spraying orange mist all over your body is not the solution. I walked into the tanning salon today to get a little bit of color before spring break. I went into a bed, not a sprayer. I know that ultra violet rays can be hazardous, but in my opinion it is not bad as long as it's done in moderation. When I was in there I saw a group of guys waiting to get spray tans. I tried to conceal the stunned look on my face, but it was not easy. Why do a bunch of 20 year old guys want to spray themselves with orange mist? Before one of them went into the machine, the owner asked what color he wanted. The boy responded, "the darkest one you have." Oohhhh, big mistake my friend. I have had friends come home looking orange after doing a light or clear, but a dark bronze will be a whole new ballpark. I told the owner how long I wanted to tan and hopped in the bed. When I came out the boy was standing their talking to his friends who were all lying to him telling him that it looked really good. He looked like he was the new mascot for the University of Texas. Covered in burnt orange, all that wasn't dyed were his teeth and the whites of his eyes. I'm hoping he went home and realized how awful it looked and decided to buy a loofa to correct the problem.  Please everyone pay attention to this example and learn from his mistake.....spray tans are not cute! You do not look like you just got back from the beach, you look like you just left Willy Wonka's factory!

No comments:

Post a Comment