Thursday, April 28, 2011

My mom's Chicken Spaghetti Recipe


Chicken Spaghetti

1 Box of Pasta (bow-tie, spiral, spaghetti)
16 oz. American cheese (not velveeta, but a block of Kraft or store American cheese)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Miscellaneous frozen veggies (corn, peas, carrots)
1 package chicken breasts
Butter

Put chicken in a large dutch oven of water.  Boil until done (30 min or so). Take chicken out and put on cutting board. Use strainer to strain water, but save water for cooking pasta. Cook pasta until done.
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
 In another pan, melt cheese, adding butter and milk and stirring until melted. Be careful not to burn. Wisk in the soup and added more milk until smooth consistency.
In another pan, put a small amount of water and heat frozen veggies.
Mix all together in large bowl.



My mom always makes this for me when I come home and I cannot wait another week for this delicious meal. As simple as it is, it is damn good. I eat until I am uncomfortable full. If you are ever in the mood for something easy but good I strongly suggest you make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment