Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TJmaxx sells Valentino?

For my advertising class I had to do a group project that consisted of researching the discount clothing store TJmaxx and creating a creative brief. When my partner and I went to the store to do some on site research we discovered some things that we didn't know about the store. First, I had no idea you could buy Valentino shoes or Seven Jeans there. Did you? I was amazed at all of the high end brands I saw on discount racks. When browsing through the formal wear I actually saw an Alice & Olivia dress that I own. I paied full price (around $400) at Neiman Marcus and it was at TJmaxx for $140. I couldn't believe I had paid so much for the exact same dress. As I was browsing around the store more I realized that had a lot of great items that I know my friends and I would wear.

This got me thinking....do my friends not know that you can get great designer clothes at TJmaxx? I wondered if they really did have no idea or if they just refused to shop at a store like TJmaxx. Let's be honest, SMU girls are not known for being modest bargain shoppers. The reputation of a typical girl at this school is what I want when I want it regardless of the price. Not every girl at this school is fortunate enough to life this lifestyle so I hope they know about this great deal that I found. Not only can you get the high end designers your friends are wearing, but you can get them at a fraction of the price. If you haven't been to TJmaxx recently I suggest you swing by because I did not expect I would find so many great buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment